Every homeowner is tasked with keeping their homes safe and secure. A popular and effective way to achieve this is to set up door and window sensors. These tiny gadgets can go a long way in preventing intruders from breaking into your homes and letting you in on the potential ways they can invade your houses! In this article, we’ll give you all the information you need to know about these devices! If you’re interested in purchasing a door sensor, window sensor, or other home security device, visit our online store to find a wide range of quality security products at affordable prices! If you have any questions about any of the products we offer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (800) 641-4111!
What Are Door & Window Sensors?
As their name implies, these sensors are often placed on doors and windows. These devices consist of two parts - a sensor and a magnet. The sensor is fixed to the door or window’s frame, and the magnet is attached to the mobile part of the door or window, whether it slides or swings open. With this configuration, the sensor alerts homeowners when the door or window is opened because it can tell when there is some distance between the magnet and the sensor.
Benefits Of Using Sensors For Windows & Doors
Installing door and window sensors in your house has a lot of perks, including:
- Deterrence: Having sensors on your windows and doors can keep robbers away from your house. Since they are aware that trying to break in will set off an alarm, thanks to these sensors, burglars are more likely to move on to a less difficult target.
- Early warning: Door and window sensors will notify you right away if a burglar does succeed in breaking into your house. These devices allow you to quickly make additional self-defense plans or call the police.
- Peace: Whether at home or away, you can feel more at ease knowing that your house has window and door sensors that will alert you of any entry.
How Do Window and Door Sensors Function?
- Contact sensors: These sensors use a physical switch to track when a window or door is opened. The switch is pressed when the window or door is closed. The alarm is set off when the window or door is opened, releasing the switch.
- Magnetic sensors: These sensors track when a window or door is opened using a reed switch and a magnet. The reed switch is fastened to the frame, and the magnet is fastened to the window or door. The reed switch is closed when the magnet is close to it. The reed switch opens and sets off the alarm when the magnet travels away from it.
Shop Home Security Products Online From Reliable Chimes & Security!
If you're ready to purchase a door sensor, driveway alarm, security camera, or other security device for your home, look no further than the Reliable Chimes & Security online store! If you have any questions about the products and services we offer, don't hesitate to contact us by giving us a call at (800) 641-4111!